Wednesday, May 01, 2019

My Mock Entry Draft, So Far...

Well, I have been patiently waiting for more teams to be eliminated from the NHL playoffs, since the draft order for June's Entry Draft can still be jockeyed around a little bit yet.  The first team that would follow the Montreal Canadiens in the Pool Outlook posts, if the standings were to follow in order would be the Colorado Avalanche, but given that the four teams in the Conference Finals will occupy the final four spots in the opening round of the draft, the Avalanche could move their way down the order and then Vegas would go next.  Even after the Avalanche going down 2-1 to the Sharks in the series last night, still doesn't mean they can't come back and win, so I continue to wait.

In saying that, it's been a few days since I've had a new post on the blog, so I thought I would throw a quick "how it's gone so far" post together and in looking back at the World Under-18 tournament, I probably would have changed my mind on a couple of those picks below, but I'm sticking with what I have for now.

Team Player POS Pick
Jack Hughes F 1
Kaapo Kakko F 2
Vasily Podkolzin F 3
Dylan Cozens F 4
Kirby Dach F 5
Bowen Byram D 6
Trevor Zegras F 7
Cameron York D 8
Philip Broberg D 9
Alex Turcotte F 10
Victor Soderstrom D 11
Matthew Boldy F 12
Cole Caufield F 13
Peyton Krebs F 14
Ryan Suzuki F 15

After the Under-18 tournament, a kid like Cole Caufield has likely improved his stock quite a bit, tying the goal-scoring record set by Alex Ovechkin, while Jack Hughes, already in the top spot, topped Ovechkin's point record for the tournament, which says something.  But, nevertheless, so far it looks pretty decent and there is some method to the madness, as explained in each of the outlook posts, so if you scroll down, you'll see where I'm coming from, so far.

No comments: