Friday, June 19, 2015

My Mock Entry Draft - 2015 Edition

Well, last year went okay for me in the mock entry draft, I think I had a couple correct, but my thoughts on Sam Reinhart going first to Florida were proven to be wrong direction and Florida did make the most of their pick, taking Aaron Ekblad, who had a Calder Nominated season.  In total, I ended up with Jake Virtanen going to the Canucks, Dylan Larkin going to the Red Wings and Anthony DeAngelo going to the Lightning as my correct picks.

This year, I will give it another go, taken from my Pool Outlooks, which I have been publishing since the end of the regular season, going over the non-playoff teams to start and then continuing through the eliminated teams in the order of where they drafted.

I think it is important to note that this mock draft is more about where I think should players should be going, more than it is my guess about who the teams will actually take.  In the 3-4-5-6 picks, they could go in just about any direction and if you are to look at those outlooks for these teams, I'll explain why I took the players where I did.  Teams that have more than one pick in the 1st round, won't likely have their second pick in the outlook, since they were published before I made it to the teams they received their picks from.

Also important to note, this mock draft is done on the order of the draft, just after the Stanley Cup Finals had finished, so any trades at the draft would render this list moot, which I fully expect.

Connor McDavid, F
Erie, OHL

Jack Eichel, F
Boston University, NCAA

Lawson Crouse, F
Kingston, OHL

Noah Hannifin, D
Boston College, NCAA

Dylan Strome, F
Erie, OHL

Mitch Marner, F
London, OHL

Ivan Provorov, D
Brandon, WHL

Zach Werenski, D
Michigan, NCAA

Matthew Barzal, F
Seattle, WHL

Mikko Rantanen, F
Finland

Pavel Zacha, F
Sarnia, OHL

Brandon Carlo, D
Tri-City, WHL

Timo Meier, F
Halifax, QMJHL

Kyle Connor, F
Youngstown, USHL

Oliver Kylington, D
Sweden

Gabriel Carlsson, D
Sweden

Nick Merkley, F
Kelowna, WHL

Daniel Sprong, F
Charlottetown, QMJHL

Jakub Zboril, D
Saint John, QMJHL

Paul Bittner, F
Portland, WHL

Jeremy Roy, D
Chicoutimi, QMJHL

Evgeny Svechnikov, F
Cape Breton, QMJHL

Thomas Chabot, D
Saint John, QMJHL

Joel Eriksson Ek, F
Sweden

Colin White, F
US NTDP

Jordan Greenway, F
US NTDP

Jake DeBrusk, F
Swift Current, WHL

Brock Boeser, F
Waterloo, USHL

Ilya Samsonov, G
Russia

Jansen Harkins, F
Prince George, WHL

No comments: