Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Found the Islanders Rookie Roster

I could have sworn I was following the Islanders Twitter account, but I wasn't. If I was, I would have found the rookie roster last week. Oh well.  Nevertheless, I have it posted here now below my Summer roster for the Islanders and it might be a tough road for some of these prospects to break through in a couple spots, but that's what camp is for.

With 12 forwards, eight defense and two goalies already listed from the Summer roster, it might be difficult for some of these prospects to find a hole, but looking at that same Summer roster, you could probably pick out a few bubble players that could be outworked or outflashed by some of these kids coming up.

The names I'm looking at closely is Nino Niederreiter and Calvin de Haan, as I think they are the biggest bluechips on the squad and have a good chance at breaking through right away.

ForwardsDefenseGoalies
John TavaresMark StreitDwayne Roloson
Kyle OkposoJames WisniewskiRick DiPietro
Matt MoulsonJack Hillen
Frans NielsenBruno Gervais
Blake ComeauMark Eaton
Josh BaileyAndrew MacDonald
Trent HunterMilan Jurcina
Robbie SchrempRadek Martinek
Jon Sim
Doug Weight
PA Parenteau
Zenon Konopka
Casey CizikasCalvin de HaanMikko Koskinen
Justin DiBenedettoTony DeHartKevin Poulin
Robin FigrenTravis Hamonic
Kirill KabanovMark Katic
Nino NiederreiterAnton Klementyev
Alex O'NeilCorey Syvret
Kirill Petrov
Rhett Rakhashani
Tony Romano
Justin Taylor
David Toews
David Ullstrom

No comments: