Saturday, November 26, 2011

Prizes for the 2012 Hockey Pools

PhotobucketHoly crap, I've really dropped the ball with this announcement. I think I had mentioned a few weeks ago that I would have announced this much sooner, but I hadn't. Nevertheless, I have got all my calculations done, despite not having received all the money yet, and I have what the prize amounts are going to be this year.

In the draft, we had a nice increase in bodies for the year, which means there is a slight increase in the prize pool for the year.  I have increased the budget for the jersey prizes to $200, but I haven't purchased them quite yet this year.  I was waiting on the Winter Classic jerseys for the Rangers and Flyers to be official before I went out to get them.  The first jersey prize, which will be awarded at the end of next week, will likely get a free choice of whichever team they want, but the other two will likely be the Winter Classic jerseys.

That being said, here is how the prize breakdown in the draft goes this year... $500 for 1st place, $250 for 2nd place, $100 for 3rd place and $50 (or your money back) for 4th place.  Very straight-forward and easy.

The sheet pool is where the expense go for the website and sadly, this year, the expenses have gone up to around $100, so that gets taken off right away.  There was a slight loss in participants this year, down to 32 from 33 a year ago, but that doesn't do too much to the prize pool.  We'll have $400 for 1st place, $150 for 2nd, $75 for 3rd, $50 for 4th and $25 for 5th, just to keep it all interesting.  Handing out prizes is fun, so I like to spread out the wealth in the sheet pool a little bit more.

Well, now you know what you're playing for this year, I hope everyone has some fun and we'll look to do it all again in the Playoff Pool, come April.

No comments: