Monday, June 23, 2014

My Mock Entry Draft - 2014 Edition

Something else I haven't done for a few years has been my mock entry draft, the last of them I did was in 2011, where I believe I did an 0-for attempt at the whole thing. I mean, I will do my mock draft the same way and base it on what I believe has to happen for each team, but usually I can get one or two of them right. I think the Oilers still made a mistake in taking Ryan Nugent-Hopkins over Adam Larsson, despite his lack of success in Jersey, but I digress.

Here is what I think should happen in Philadelphia at the Entry Draft, not necessarily what I think is going to happen.  If you haven't been reading the blog much, the reasoning behind the picks are in each team's Pool Outlook reviews, which I completed this week.

Sam Reinhart, Forward
Kootenay, WHL

Sam Bennett, Forward
Kingston, OHL

Aaron Ekblad, Defense
Barrie, OHL

Leon Draisaitl, Forward
Prince Albert, WHL

Haydn Fleury, Defense
Red Deer, WHL

Jake Virtanen, Forward
Calgary, WHL

Nicholas Ritchie, Forward
Peterborough, OHL

Kasperi Kapanen, Forward
Finland

Roland McKeown, Defense
Kingston, OHL

Michael Dal Colle, Forward
Oshawa, OHL

William Nylander, Forward
Sweden

Brendan Perlini, Forward
Niagara, OHL

Nikolaj Ehlers, Forward
Halifax, QMJHL

Jack Dougherty, Defense
USA U-18

Dylan Larkin, Forward
USA U-18

Julius Honka, Defense
Swift Current, WHL

Alex Tuch, Forward
USA U-18

Jared McCann, Forward
Sault Ste. Marie, OHL

Anthony DeAngelo, Defense
Sarnia, OHL

Jack Glover, Defense
USA U-18

Kevin Fiala, Forward
Sweden

Nikita Scherbak, Forward
Saskatoon, WHL

Jakub Vrana, Forward
Sweden

Ryan MacInnis, Forward
Kitchener, OHL

Travis Sanheim, Defense
Calgary, WHL

Robert Fabbri, Forward
Guelph, OHL

Thatcher Demko, Goalie
Boston College, NCAA

Ivan Barbashev, Forward
Moncton, QMJHL

Conner Bleackley, Forward
Red Deer, WHL

Brett Pollock, Forward
Edmonton, WHL

No comments: