Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Morning Preseason Notes (Sep 18)

One of my projected forwards for the Montreal Canadiens, Nicolas Deslauriers, suffered a facial injury in Monday night's game against New Jersey, which gave him a trip to the hospital.  I have Deslauriers slotted into a projected roster spot among the forwards for Montreal, so this is something I will definitely keep an eye on and if there is anything beyond a day-to-day injury, it will certainly be updated.  I do only have him in at 20 points for the coming season, but I can't say how deep the draft is going to be.

Details are very limited here, but the Buffalo Sabres have announced that forward Conor Sheary has now been listed as week-to-week with an upper-body injury and they have also updated the status of defenseman Matt Hunwick, listing him as out indefinitely with a neck injury.

For Sheary, he has been projected to be a decent option with rebuilt Sabres, I currently have him projected for 30 points, but not knowing the nature of the injury, nor the timetable for a return, has me hesitant to even consider him at the draft.  This will certainly be something to watch over the next 10 days.

Hunwick, who was acquired with Sheary from Pittsburgh in the off-season, hasn't been able to participate in camp, as he has been dealing with a neck injury.  An indefinite status is not a good sign either and I would probably avoid him now.

No comments: