Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Gagner Out With Ankle Injury

I might be a little late to the party on this one, but I thought I would get the full diagnosis of this injury before posting anything about it, especially since my hockey pool draft is tonight. The Oilers are expecting to be without centre Sam Gagner for the next week or two (if not a bit more), as the 22-year old has suffered a sprained ankle, not quite a high ankle sprain, but close, which will have him on the shelf on a week-to-week basis.

It doesn't sound like Gagner will be able to dress for the team's opening game and possibly a little bit more, so you will have to tread carefully with him, especially if you are going to take him on.

Although it may be disputed in some circles, this should give the Oilers some freedom to include Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in their opening night line-up, possibly starting him for the season and seeing how he fares.  I am still not terribly convinced that he will stick around, but he is slowly winning me over.

No comments: