Saturday, January 09, 2010

Friday Night's Scratches

I don't know how I missed this, but I did. Since mid-December, Erik Cole has been sidelined with an upper-body injury, which he suffered before Christmas. What was thought to be just some upper-body pain, Cole has turned out to miss almost a month since being put on the Injured Reserve. The Box 23 forward was taken three times, so I wouldn't be surprised if something changed there.

An unexpected undisclosed injury kept Fredrik Modin out of the Columbus line-up on Friday night, as the Jackets took on the Flames. There wasn't much for news in regards to his absence, but I did see it was an undisclosed injury that kept him out and that we should consider him out day-to-day for now and if there are any more news, I'll pass it on.

The Lightning were continuing to rotate their colder defensemen out of the line-up for a game and Friday night saw Andrej Meszaros make his first trip up to the press box this season. Meszaros hasn't registered a point in the last five games and was a -1 in the process. Meszaros has not been his usual scoring self this year, having only 8 points in 42 games this season.

share this: facebook

No comments: