Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Oilers Sign Hall

It was really just a matter of time before the Oilers officially put pen to paper with their number one overall pick from a couple of weeks ago and as of Monday, it was made official. Taylor Hall signed his entry-level deal with the Oilers on Monday, with all bonuses, is said to be worth $3.75 million per season for the entry-level maximum of three years.

Now, in all fairness, I think Hall is a lock for the Oilers' opening night roster, but I wouldn't mind waiting until the locksmith installs him officially through camp before I start adding him to the team's roster and to the salary cap number right now.  The kid is going to have more than his fair share of chances to crack the squad and excel in the 2011 season, but I didn't add John Tavares to the table until September, so I'm not going to hurry with Hall either.  I also don't have Jordan Eberle or Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson on there either, which should boost the salary cap number significantly, if they are all to make the squad in September/October.

No comments: